From the bouquets and boutonnieres, to the column centerpieces down the aisle, choosing the flowers for your perfect wedding can get quite overwhelming. Showcasing flowers that represent you, while staying cost friendly, and while wanting flawless quality at the same time is especially the hardest challenge.
At Jericho Terrace, our expert floral vendors will help you design the look and feel of your special wedding you have always dreamed of! These florists will help you select flowers to enhance your floral embellishments, style, and overall theme.
A Few Good Questions
The selection when choosing from flowers/ centerpieces options can be tricky so to help break this down, ask the following questions to your florist...
- Which flowers will be in season or available to me on my wedding day?
- What are examples of some of your centerpieces during the season my wedding will take place in?
- What suggestions do you have given my needs and budget?
- What are your deposit and cancellation policies?
- What are your guarantees regarding freshness, availability, and substitutions?
- Are you renting certain items such as accompanying candelabras and centerpiece holders, or are they only a one time use for that purchase?
Tips & Tricks
The following are some tips and tricks to help save you money, stress, and help you narrow down what are you looking for...
- Choose flowers that are specifically in season (unless you already have a particular flower in mind which must be at your wedding)
- Pick flowers that match both your ceremony space and your reception room so this floral decor can be at both locations
- Pick one bloom instead of multiple blooms and request simple arrangements to cut down on labor costs
- Spend the most money on the bouquets and centerpieces (if you are re-purposing them on your columns down the aisle in your ceremony space) because they are the first things your guests see
- Smaller bouquets are less expensive and can be more sophisticated looking and is definitely easier to carry (proportion is key)
- Ask for a smaller, less expensive arrangement for the traditional bouquet toss
Popular Flower Ideas include; roses, stephanotis, tulips, lily of the valley, hydrangeas, daisies, peonies, hyacinth, orchids, lilies
Floral Potentials include; maid of honor bouquet, bridesmaids' bouquets, flowers to accompany hairpieces, flower girl basket, petals to throw, groom/groomsmen boutonnieres, corsages for other family members, aisle centerpieces, aisle pews, altar, altar candelabras